Homemaker/Companions provide a wide range of companion care services, including:
- Companionship and socialization
- Transportation to and from appointments or to run errands
- Meal and snack preparation
- Observing the on-going condition of the client and reporting any noticeable changes
- Provide a steadying hand and guidance when walking
- Basic cosmetic assistance such as help with make-up, brushing hair, nail care etc
TenderCare Services refer companion caregivers anywhere from 1-24 hours per day, for as many days as are requested, depending on each client’s desired level of care.
Below is just one example of a companion care schedule that referred companion caregivers offer to numerous clients:
9:00am-1:00pm: Companion caregiver will visit the client’s home and help them with their morning routine, including preparing breakfast. They might put some laundry on and then transport the client to a Dr’s appointment, for groceries or to run any errands they may have. When they return home the caregiver could prepare lunch before they leave.
6pm-8pm: Companion caregiver returns to the client’s home and prepares an evening meal as well as helping the client with their evening routine, before bed.
In home companion care can be extremely flexible to suit each client’s needs. To help in assessing each clients requirements, TenderCare Services will gladly schedule a time for one of the owners to visit your home at no cost. This also allows us to get to know the client a little, which is a great help when it comes to finding a compatible caregiver.